How to increase productivity
Everyone needs to know about this one.
Cleanliness reduces clutter. When clutter is reduced, the brain is able to better concentrate on the task at hand. Therefore, in essence, by cleaning your workplace regularly, you improve the focus of your employees. It goes without saying that improved focus results in increased productivity.
1. Clean, dry floors to prevent slips and falls.Maintaining clean, dry floors is essential for the prevention of slips and falls in the workplace. Different categories of floor cleaners serve different purposes. For example, alkaline cleaners are good for cleaning restaurant floors while acidic cleaners remove rust, scale, and oxides from floors. However, some products may contain chemicals that can be detrimental to your flooring, so be sure to talk with a cleaning professional about what is best for your facility. In addition, keep your floors dry by using absorbent materials, such as floor mats, in functional locations to remove moisture and soil from the bottom of shoes.
2. Disinfectants prevent the spread of germs and illness, including the flu. Germs can easily spread throughout a workplace, particularly during flu season—but disinfecting surfaces and objects with EPA-registered, hospital-grade disinfectants can stop germs in their tracks.
3. Proper air filtration lowers employee exposure to hazardous substances. You may not see them, but dusts and vapors are hazardous substances that can create an unsafe environment for employees. Building ventilation is one important factor in reducing airborne transmission of respiratory infections and maintaining the health and productivity of workers. Regularly cleaning or replacing HVAC system filters prevents them from becoming saturated, which could lead to potential microbial growth and odor concerns. Vacuum cleaners fitted with HEPA filters may also capture fine particles. Maintaining humidity around 30 to 50 percent through the use of a dehumidifier is also important in eliminating air pollutants and promoting clean air in the workplace.
4. Clean light fixtures improve lighting efficiency.Dirty light fixtures can reduce essential light levels, making it difficult and unsafe for employees to complete their daily tasks. Clean light fixtures significantly improve lighting efficiency in the workplace. Well-lit stairways and aisles are also important in preventing accidents and maintaining a safe work environment.
5. Proper disposal of waste and recyclable materials keeps work areas clutter-free. Allowing trash to pile up not only produces clutter, but it also presents a breeding ground for pests that pose a threat to your work environment. Placing “no-touch” wastebaskets in key locations throughout your facility ensures materials are disposed of and reduces the spread of germs. Recycling materials using clearly labeled waste receptacles also makes for a more sustainable environment.
Providing a safe and clean environment for your employees and visitors doesn’t have to be a challenge you face alone.